cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel[~9 yrs old]. I know how to connect to the laptop[Win 8.1]. How create folder to deposit

Daniel2
Apprentice

I know how to connect to the Toshiba Satelite laptop[Windows 8.1].  I know how to create a folder in the pictures file manager  but how do i gett the photos imported to the folder?  rsvp and thanx

5 REPLIES 5

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"I know how to connect to the Toshiba Satelite laptop[Windows 8.1"

I wonder if you actually do?

You camera needs to be on PTP protocol.  Set in the camera's menu under the Tools tab.

Using a USB cable it will appear as a normal drive or memort card.  You can copy & paste, make folders, delete, whatever.

But the best way is to get a card reader and just use it.  No camera connected at all.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

"I know how to connect to the Toshiba Satelite laptop[Windows 8.1"

I wonder if you actually do?

You camera needs to be on PTP protocol.  Set in the camera's menu under the Tools tab.

Using a USB cable it will appear as a normal drive or memort card.  You can copy & paste, make folders, delete, whatever.

But the best way is to get a card reader and just use it.  No camera connected at all.

I don't believe my 2006 Rebel XTi was able to mimic a drive on the Windows version of the time. I think I had to use the EOS Utility to connect until I broke down and bought a card reader. And while I don't have the camera in front of me, I'd almost bet money that it doesn't have a setting for PTP protocol.

Well, I do have the instruction manual with me, come to think of it. As far as I can see without reading every word, it doesn't appear to describe any method of connecting except via the EOSU.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

There's no SD  removable 'card'.  Never had to use Tools menu before. Answer wasn't helpful for a geriatric shutterbug.  Need more board.

OK Daniel which Rebel do you have?

It has to have either a CF or SD memory card.  The best method is to use a card reader.  Just remove the memory card and put it in your computer.  You can use it like any hard drive.

Bob from Boston is correct if it is a XTi it won't have PTP.

EB

One more thing, your computer should see the camera if you connect it with a USB cable anyway.  If it is a older Rebel and has an early version of USB and you computer has the latest, it may not work.  It should.

EB
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements