cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS RP - why blue tint using the adapter and EF 24 F2.8 mm IS USM lens?

amatula15
Enthusiast

Hi!

I demo'd at a photo store the EOS RP, which feels just great in my hands. I demo'd using an adapter and my EF 24 F2.8 mm IS USM lens.  One of my questions is:

Why did the photos come out with a blue tint (see photo - only change I made was to decrease the size)?

Color representation per image properties is sRGB.

I am hoping this would be an easy in-camera correction.

Thank you and all the best!

AnnieIMG_9896_smaller.jpg

24 REPLIES 24

Excellent advice on shooting RAW above.  Personally, I capture both RAW and JPEG (and then across two cards).  This gives you an instant backup.

For those cameras with a single card slot, should the RAW file get corrupt, you have the JPEG as its backup.

Having said all that, knock on wood, I haven't experienced any corruption yet.

Finally, there are specific scenarios where only shooting JPEG is proper.  But for the most part, go for RAW.

Edit: Forgot to add... I rarely use AWB (Auto White Balance), but when I did play around with it, it did do a decent job.  If I think about what I do, it's about an equal split amongst using the presents (e.g. Flash, Tungsten, Shade), dialing in an exact Kelvin value, or setting up a custom white balance.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

"...the Automatic White Balance seems to do a pretty good job under most shooting conditions."

I agree!  I have not moved the WB setting off of Average WB for a very long, long time.  Of course I shoot Raw exclusively.  In my world I see no valid reason to ever shoot jpg anymore. The conversion is so seamless.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Ebiggs, that is so good to know it is seamless 🙂 Thank you!

Thank you!
I have not shot raw yet, but the replies to this thread have me excited about it! I am glad to hear working with raw is not difficult!
All the best!

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend
Cool post!
EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements