cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS RP sale

John_SD
Whiz

Much to my own surprise, I just placed my order for the EOS RP. While I had originally intended to buy a higher-speced camera, such as the R6, I could not turn down what I consider to be a fantastic price on the RP, which recently went on sale for $899. I added in the RF 24-105mm f/4-7.1 IS STM lens for an additional $100. As this is my first mirrorless AND first full-frame camera, I consider it a pretty good deal for a starter. Should arrive in 1 to 3 days. Adorama also throws in a bunch of accessories -- camera bag, SD card, cleaning kit, some software, etc. 

2 REPLIES 2

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I know you're going to enjoy it.  Try to take your first shots outdoors, hopefully on a sunny day.  Just go ahead and double whatever shutter speed you're accustomed to using.  The ISO performance can handle it, I'm sure.

Do invest in a spare battery, and you will probably the Canon EF mount adapter if you currently have any full frame lenses.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@Waddizzle wrote:

I know you're going to enjoy it.  Try to take your first shots outdoors, hopefully on a sunny day.  Just go ahead and double whatever shutter speed you're accustomed to using.  The ISO performance can handle it, I'm sure.

Do invest in a spare battery, and you will probably the Canon EF mount adapter if you currently have any full frame lenses.

Funny you should mention a spare battery! I just ordered the LP-E17 from B&H for $49.95. It's actually $10 less there than at Adorama. I expect battery life to be awful, so am prepared in advance. I have an appropriate powerpack charger that I can use to charge a depleted battery via USB-C in my backpack while using a fresh battery. 

I have been going through the PDF for the camera. A lot to learn, for sure. But I'll enjoy it. 

While I am not overjoyed at the anemic FPS capabilities, I will make do. Looking forward to trying out the focus bracketing tech in the camera. I think DPP can be used for focus stacking after capture, if LR doesn't provide for it. Looking forward to it all. 

Announcements