cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS RP Cannot Access Crad

beemerphile4
Apprentice

Hi,

Thanks for having me in the group. Does anyone know how to contact a human Canon Customer Service representative? I'm a professional photograher, and I have a Canon EOS RP that I've barely used, and now Canon says I have to pay $400 to repair what is obviously a design flaw: after being used very seldom, it "Cannot access Card. Please format Card."  It won't shoot, cannot format the card and is now an expensive paperweight. I've called, emailed and written actual letters and have gotten zero response. Any human help from Canon would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

7 REPLIES 7

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

You can always contact them via email, too, I believe.

Have you tried a different memory card?  Be sure to only use the proper size and type of SD cards.  The micro-SD cards are not reliable because of the plastic adapters.  Only buy memory cards from reputable vendors.  Beware of buying on Amazon.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thanks for the reply. I've tried numerous used and new Sadisk SD cards. They work in my 5D MKIII, but not the RP. Disappointed my Canon's lack of response on this!

@beemerphile4 wrote:

Thanks for the reply. I've tried numerous used and new Sadisk SD cards. They work in my 5D MKIII, but not the RP. Disappointed my Canon's lack of response on this!

YOu need to follow through with the process contacting them.  Like I said, there is more than one way to contact them.  They are a big corporation, not a small company.  I have litttle doubt that they have 100s, if not 1000s, if calls per day.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I appreciate your trying to be helpful, but I don't think you understand the situation fully. I've been a professional photographer for 30 years, and the last 20 I've used Canon exclusively. Their customer support used to be the greatest. Fast, personal, with a knowledgeable person who speaks English as their first language, in the USA. Now, they've joined the vast majority of large corporations and made customer service the customer's responsibility. This is wrong for any business, and being a major corporation is no excuse for good accessibility and communication. I've phoned, emailed to many different addresses and written a letter through the US mail. This is not on me. This is a company with a product defect they should rectify. Instead, they're ignoring a complaint, hoping I'll just go away. I won't. I've barely used the camera, and now I'm told I need to pay $400 to repair a camera that is virtually new. I own my own business. I understand the concept of customer service, personal attention and accepting responsibility for what I sell. The scale of the business has no bearing on this principle. You either earn and maintain customer loyalty or you lose it. This is how reputation is made or lost.

A professional should be a member of CPS.

Even if you have barely used it, are you past the warranty period?

It is past the warranty period. What organization is CPS?

Announcements