cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R6 viewfinder and display turn off

GCRobles
Apprentice

My Canon EOS R6, sometimes after shooting, the viewfinder and display turn off for a few seconds without responding to any camera function, I need help with this. Please if someone could help me in Spanish. thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Mark35mmF2
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi there,

It sounds like the camera may be processing in that time when it is non responsive. This is usually the result of an SD card with a slow write speed, but it can also be made worse when shooting Dual Pixel RAW images, HDR or long exposures and especially if noise reduction is enabled in the camera menu.

Thanks for your help. The memories I use are those recommended for the camera, I don't use HDR and neither does Dual pixel RAW, with my files being RAW I don't have noise reduction enabled either, and generally I have to turn off the camera and then turn it on. Excuse my english

@GCRobles wrote:

Thanks for your help. The memories I use are those recommended for the camera, I don't use HDR and neither does Dual pixel RAW, with my files being RAW I don't have noise reduction enabled either, and generally I have to turn off the camera and then turn it on. Excuse my english

What manufacturer, model, and GB capactiy memory cards are you using?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

GCRobles
Apprentice
I use, kingston 32GB 300MB/s

@GCRobles wrote:
I use, kingston 32GB 300MB/s

Is that a full size memory card?  The only current Kingston 32GB SD products that I can find are all micro-SD cards.  I strongly recommend changing your  SD card to a different brand, Lexar or Sandisk.B65AB224-308F-4653-B05D-5ACF59B58E28.jpeg

I use these.  These are full size cards. 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements