cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R6: something "loose" inside the camera when you slightly shake it

fparedes
Contributor

Dear community:

I recently dropped my EOS R6 camera to the floor. I checked and I heard something "loose" inside the camera when:

you remove the lens.

place the body cap back on the camera

position the camera in your hand with the camera cap facing up

and you gently shake the camera from side to side.

I took it to the canon service center and they say the camera is working fine. I asked a friend of mine who recently purchased the same R6 camera, and he says he also hears as if something were loose inside the camera. If this is the case, why do R6 cameras have something "lose" inside when you gently shake the camera from side to side? is this the ibis?

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6

Peter
Authority
Authority
Ibis. There are reviews at YouTube about the sound.

Peter is 100% correct. When powered off, the electro magnetic field is not holding the stabilizer any longer so it rattles.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you dear shadowsports...!!

Thank you dear Peter...

Parki77
Apprentice
I’ve just bought an R6 and had it delivered but I have noticed that noise and the feel of something moving inside, I’ve just popped into my local camera shop and there on display doesn’t do it and the assistant said his doesn’t, so I’m now confused as people same to think it’s normal.

@Parki77 wrote:
I’ve just bought an R6 and had it delivered but I have noticed that noise and the feel of something moving inside, I’ve just popped into my local camera shop and there on display doesn’t do it and the assistant said his doesn’t, so I’m now confused as people same to think it’s normal.

I recommend that you contact Canon Support, or the vendor that sold it to you.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements