cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R6 & Lexar SD cards

TimBoe
Apprentice

Has anyone found the load-up time after switching the camera on, inconsistant when Lexar SD cards are used (sometimes immediate and other times can take 4-5 seconds)

I'm not getting these issues with other makes of SD cards with same/similar write speeds,etc.

I've formatting all cards in the camera and using the latest firmware 1.2.0

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Cards with lower write speeds have been known to have issues.  As of today I believe the Lexar 2000x UHSII is what Lexar recommends for the R6.  

Just use another brand card.,  One that doesn't give you performance issues.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@TimBoe wrote:

Has anyone found the load-up time after switching the camera on, inconsistant when Lexar SD cards are used (sometimes immediate and other times can take 4-5 seconds)

I'm not getting these issues with other makes of SD cards with same/similar write speeds,etc.

I've formatting all cards in the camera and using the latest firmware 1.2.0

Without knowing exactly which Lexar card you are using we can only speculate on what might be the issue.  If you are having issues with Lexar cards, then do not use them.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Both cards are Lexar 64GB 1667X - UHS-II SDXC

Starting to wonder if there is a compatability issue or if I just happen to have bought a rogue batch of cards.

Sandisk Extreme Pro UHS I 64GB 170MB/s perform fine.

Canon UK suggest that the camera should load-up quickly, irrespective of the cards in the camera, but this hasn't been the case

The camera should be able to start up even without a memeory card.  It sounds like you may have a bad batch of cards.  There are a lot fake and counterfeit memory cards floating about online.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements