cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R6 IBIS questions

shed
Contributor

Forgive me if these are stupid, but I've never had IBIS before.

1) When I have my 24-105 L Lens on, the only option is "Digital IS On/Off" yet the manual doesn't seem to mention Digital IS. Is this OK or should I be seeing something different?

2) The point (e.g. reducing shutter speed) at which the camera shake icon comes on seems independent of whether I have IBIS on/off.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

PLee
Enthusiast

@shed wrote:

1) When I have my 24-105 L Lens on, the only option is "Digital IS On/Off" yet the manual doesn't seem to mention Digital IS. Is this OK or should I be seeing something different?

2) The point (e.g. reducing shutter speed) at which the camera shake icon comes on seems independent of whether I have IBIS on/off.

1. Digital IS is for video only.
  2. With the RF 24-105L, IBIS is turned on and off with the IS switch on the lens itself. No menu items will apply to IBIS with that lens on the camera.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Exactly which lens are you using?  RF and EF lenses should exhibit different behavior, as should the Mark !! EF lens.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

RF 24-105 L

The term "Digital IS" is typically associated with shooting video.  Are you shooting video or stills?  Stills are controlled by this setting.  This is a screenshot from the full User Manual, which is available online from the same download page as the software.

62589D1A-B8A8-408C-906C-3CD747B02333.jpeg

Digital IS supposedly adds additional correction for larger degrees of camera shake when shooting handheld video, but at the price of a slightly cropped image.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Yeah so that's exactly the menu setting (Camera Tab 7) I'm using and it says Digital IS not IS Mode. Now I look closely it does have a video camera next to the "Digital IS", but I have the camera set to P and it takes stills.

Just to be clear the 2nd screen has DIgital IS On Off. The 1st screen is identical.

PLee
Enthusiast

@shed wrote:

1. Digital IS is for video only.
  2. With the RF 24-105L, IBIS is turned on and off with the IS switch on the lens itself. No menu items will apply to IBIS with that lens on the camera.

Thank you. Also updated the firmware so I get the IBIS and lens stabilization working

RTacsan1
Apprentice

Hi Folks. I have just solved the problem. The option only shows only with non stabilized lens. I just tried with a Sigma 85mm f1.4 and it worked. Read the solutions given by Canon engineers.

Announcements