cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R5 known bugs

JRogers67
Apprentice

Just looking for a place where known bugs are listed. Is there such a thing? I've noticed some peculiar things and don't want to add to the forum noise for something thats already been addresed or even posibly working as intended.

Thanks!

41 REPLIES 41

I use Sandisk 128gb cards, 300mb/s SD card and CFexpress read write 1700/1200

I dont have any noise reduction settings selected in the camera

I have a downloaded copy of the user guide

Many online reports from users including  R6 , not just  R5  owners  have the freeze/lockup issue with various cards and lenses . Im not sure any of your questions will provide a solution, Canon are replacing  the main circuit board on one of my USA friends R5 when they can get one,  so I suspect a faulty circuit board is causing the problem. If I am wrong  and it's a firmware fix that will be great, if not, the R5 is going back for another , and at the moment Canon don't have  any spare circuit boardsSmiley Frustrated   I am suspicious also because of the shortage in R5 supplies  to dealers which may be because of the faulty main circuit boards .....

ImageAndFilm
Enthusiast
I'm having the same issue as the OP. 3 different lenses. Different sd cards (all v60). Lexar, San disk, prograde, different batteries old 5d batteries and the new R5/6 batteries. I have had it with stills and video and tethered.

I have had two bodies doing the exact same thing!

No solutions. I hav

I have an R5 and am seeing freeze problems intermittently.  The camera freezes with the last shot in the viewfinder.  I do NOT have image preview enabled.  I have tried different lenses, RF and EF with the adapter and see the issue.  No buttons work, on/off doesn't work - I have to remove the battery.  I had it happen 3 times in a 5 minute window when shooting a wedding.  I have a platinum CPS subscription and have been talking to service.  I sent the camera in, tests were run and the camera was returned without a fix, since all tests were normal.  So, I don't feel comfortable shooting events with the camera.  It looks odd when shooting events and I have to stop and remove the battery.  Not good advertising for Canon.  I apparently don't have another option since their tests run fine.  I'm a 30 year Canon shooter, very frustrated and will not be an early adopter when the pro mirrorless camera comes out.  I thought Canon service was the best, but dealing with the freezing is frustrating and service has been no help in fixing the issue.

ImageAndFilm
Enthusiast
Same. Very hopeful they have a solution. This is a real issue. Try to get it on video!

Charly_Canon
Contributor
I have shot over 3000 images over 4 days last week, and my R5 is ok despite having the same freeze issue intermittently over the past few weeks. The only thing I have done different is not use the CFexpress card just my Sandisk SD 64GB 300mb/s card. It's frustrating when you can't replicate the problem on demand. I am hopeful Canon will have a firmware fix soon

@Charly_Canon wrote:
I have shot over 3000 images over 4 days last week, and my R5 is ok despite having the same freeze issue intermittently over the past few weeks. The only thing I have done different is not use the CFexpress card just my Sandisk SD 64GB 300mb/s card. It's frustrating when you can't replicate the problem on demand. I am hopeful Canon will have a firmware fix soon

So you don't see the issue if you don't use the CFExpress card?  I have tried 2 different brands of CFExpress cards and seen the issue.

@Charly_Canon wrote:

Tony and Chelsea recently reported that they were going to stop using one of the popular brands of CFExpress cards.  It was a couple of months ago, actually.  I think they said ProGrade was too unreliable.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

R5 rebooted this morning, first time in three months, 300mm f2.8mkii +Sandisk 64gb 300mb/sSmiley Sad

ImageAndFilm
Enthusiast
Same. It happens in so many different scenarios. I tried to show my dealer but it won't do it on demand

Charly_Canon
Contributor
Try the SD card only and see how things go
Announcements