Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Re: EOS R5 Wi-Fi Issues “Searching for access points” loop

I have the same problem too, even though my R5 was upgraded to 1.3.1 version this problem still exists. I think it should be related with home mesh wifi network, it can get wifi access points correctly in some university campus or homes with single wifi router.

New Contributor

I am having the same issue. It used to connect fine to my ipad. Now it gets stuck on "searching for access pointsº.

Firmware R5 ver 1.3.1. 

Went outside to a park far from wifi networks and the problem persists.

Did a "Reset communication settings" and a lot of troubleshooting with no luck.

VIP

[ Edited ]

To those of you that have recently posted that think you are having the same issue, I am going to ask you are sure about that.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/products/details/cameras/wireless-file-transmitter... 

The OP is using the "W-E1" Wi-Fi Adapter, which is an SD card that has very limited range.  Is that what you are using, too?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."
Occasional Contributor

I’m using the W-E1 adapter for my backup camera, a 5DS R. The adapter works 100% of the time.

My R5 Wi-Fi is spotty and may not work on location. The “Searching for networks” bug is being caused by some unknown interference with Wi-Fi mesh networks.

Not acceptable for a professional camera.
New Contributor

So I finally get it working all the time.  Here is what I did:

1.  Choose blue tooth to pair the camera with your device.

2.  After it is successfully paired, turn off the camera.  The bluetooth works all the time even when the camera is off.

3.  Start the CameraConnect application. Click the icon next to the "Camera Icon".  If it tells you that  "you are not currently connected to any camera", click the scan button.  It will find your camera, ask you if you want to connect to it.  Once it is connected to the camera you will see "Images on Camera" change from disabled (grey) to enabled.

4.  Once "images on Camera" is enabled, click it.  It will automatically connect to the camera and ask you if you want to join the wireless network that started by the camera.  You click "Yes" and everything works from there.

5.  After the first time setup, as long as you do not change the paired device from the camera, "CameraConnect" will always connect to the camera when it detects the camera.

Hope it helps.

New Contributor

Thank You 😊
It solved the problem on my R5.
That is the workaround the problem.
I can now download photos to my Ipad and control the camera from my Ipad.