cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R5 ISO Noise

BobK1
Contributor

Greetings...I have the R5 and I'm an seeing at 100% crop a significant amount of noise at fairly low ISO settings. In the latest, II shot some images in my kitchen yesterday on the R5 with the RF 15-35 /2.8 at ISO 640 to 1600 1/50sec. Zoomed to 100% I am really surprised at the amountof grain at those settings. Going to give canon a call but wanted to see if anyone else is having any issues. Images are fine at ISO 100 but anything over 400 and I start seeing grain/noise.

Thanks

Bob

49 REPLIES 49

No worries...I get it. Some of my 6D images look cleaner, but i may just be diving too deep on pixel peeping. But actually the images look better in my 13 Mac book Pro than you 27" desktop computer 2050X1440 monitor. The JPEG posted really doesn't look bad here.
Oh well.....

Lightroom and Photoshop are antiques. But that's honestly being to kind to Lightroom.

Ok ....how do you edit images?

I always export from Canon DPP, then I use Photoshop to do tweaks. I had to quit using Lightroom, it's worthless.

They used to hire people who knew what they were doing at Adobe. Now I think they are staffed with HS drop outs. 

With all the computational stuff goin on in photography and not a wit of it to be found in any Adobe products... sad.

I'll take a look, thanks

PatriciaThomas
Contributor

Hello,

I too am having excessive noise at low ISO. The first few outings with my new R5 things were great. Now I can't take a picture without what I consider massive noise.

Also, it is freezing up. Every time I take it out it freezes at least once if not 2 or 3 times.

What's going on?

This image is at 1/500, F11, ISO 1250 Zero editing. straight out of camera.

Please help. I don't want to turn this back in but sounds like my camera is having lots of issues.

noise in face.jpg

Wow that is way more niose than I ever had. I would diffently send it back or return it where you bought it. I got noticethat they are fixing mine, no idea yet thwt they are doing to it. Went it's returned to me I will up date here.

Feeling very sad about this.I didn't even mention the issues with what some are calling banding though I am in natural light. I am in burst mode, lens wide open and half of the images are fine and the other half are yellow casted and excessive noise.

Thanks for your thoughts.

@PatriciaThomas wrote:

Hello,

I too am having excessive noise at low ISO.

What's going on?

This image is at 1/500, F11, ISO 1250 Zero editing. straight out of camera.

Please help. I don't want to turn this back in but sounds like my camera is having lots of issues.

noise in face.jpg

The image dimensions are 688 x 496

AC9C1D32-7B06-4B0D-8B4E-D7814AFA2760.jpeg

At least some image processing was done to the image to make it that small.  Is this a tight crop?

I would not describe ISO 1250 as "low ISO".  It is more than three stops, almost 4 stops away from ISO 100.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Yes, sorry. This image is a crop. 1250 I could use without any problems with my other canon bodies. The first week with my new camera I didn't have problems but now problems seem to be multiplying daily. Freezing/locking up, yellow casting and excessive noise during burst modes and lens wide open (half are good, the other half will be casted but it is not banding and in natural light).

Announcements