cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R5 IN STOCK

GARN911
Contributor

Hi,

Went to the official cannon store after a friend told me the R5 was in stock on their site. Sure enough, the R5 (body only) showed as in stock. The other items (like the kit) showed out of stock/preorder etc. Seemed up to date. Well, I added it to my cart with care plan and went to check out. This page as well showed "IN STOCK'. I paid for it and went on with my day.

Now, I went on to Canon's USA website to register for this group and just happened to check under my order host to make sure all was well . On this page it says the status is BACKORDERED!!! I would have NEVER bought it if it was Backordered as I am already on a waiting list elsewhere. Extremely frustrated, I went to look and my email receipt and sure enough, it ALSO says the camera is IN STOCK and with ship out next day air ASAP. What in the word is going on? I need to know what the true status is so I can either called my reservation elsewhere or cancel it with Cannon.

pics  attached

21497E6B-6C47-4C58-BA55-1A7DF466BC70.jpeg

7E57C928-4ED2-4A01-8173-C988E3F9CBB8.jpeg

4F82EC92-514B-4802-BF43-E48E02101B49.jpeg

7 REPLIES 7

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Smiley Happy

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

John_SD
Whiz

@GARN911 wrote:

What in the word is going on? I need to know what the true status is so I can either called my reservation elsewhere or cancel it with Cannon.

Now that's funny. 

@John_SD wrote:

@GARN911 wrote:

What in the word is going on? I need to know what the true status is so I can either called my reservation elsewhere or cancel it with Cannon.

Now that's funny. 

Well ....  Only the spelling.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

rpan1
Enthusiast
I had exactly same experience, then called canon direct store cancelled it. Canon spent a lot of energy for marketing. We need Canon do some reliable concrete work.

GARN911
Contributor

Siri rarely gets it right. Blame Apple. One thing I do know how to spell is R5.How about you?97DFD0C2-C8D8-481E-A1C6-070A1A96EB20.jpeg

@GARN911 wrote:
Siri rarely gets it right. Blame Apple

Guffaw!!

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

KarMichael
Apprentice

Fast forward to 2021 Canon is still doing this. It says in stock but it is not. 

Announcements