Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor

Re: EOS R5 Connectivity Issue

The funny thing is I use my camera to create an ad-hoc network to my devices - I don't mess with hooking up to any existing networks. I just know that I happen to have an Eero mesh system in the area where I suddenly can't connect. I'm heading to a shoot now to try it in another location.

VIP

@Zachary wrote:

The funny thing is I use my camera to create an ad-hoc network to my devices - I don't mess with hooking up to any existing networks. I just know that I happen to have an Eero mesh system in the area where I suddenly can't connect. I'm heading to a shoot now to try it in another location.

Sounds like too much traffic on that Wi-Fi channell.  Mesh networks do wreak havoc, it seems.  Contact Canon Support.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."
Occasional Contributor

My R5 works in my own home.

My client had a larger home and may have had a mesh wifi netowrk. I remember seeing the small beacons. I can't confirm with  100% certainty. 

The point is that some type of Wi-Fi networks cause a software hang up in the R5. It stays on the "Searching for access point" and will not go to the next step to select a network of have the camera make a direct connection. 

I spoke with Canon support today. They said there's been no mention of it. But report it to the higher support teams.

This is a real issue and crippling workflows for architectural photographers. My older 5DsR had no issues in the same home establishing and maintaing a Wi-Fi connection to my laptop. 

Occasional Contributor

The camera's software does not get to the step to even select a network. It's not about carrying your own router.

Some type of offending Wi-Fi network is causing this an endless loop of "Searching for acess points"

Occasional Contributor

Just got back from my shoot - the R5 is still sticking on "searching for access points" anywhere I go. My R6 which is unable to connect here at my house was able to easily create its network and I connected to my iPad no problem, just like I've been doing for years. My 5D Mk IV and 6D Mk II have no trouble here at my house.

Re: EOS R5 Connectivity Issue [ New ]
Options
‎12-02-2020 02:51 PM

The camera's software does not get to the step to even select a network. It's not about carrying your own router.

Some type of offending Wi-Fi network is causing this an endless loop of "Searching for acess points"

Occasional Contributor

I wonder if its something with the EERO mesh system that is screwing it up?  I may have to disconnect all of them and see what happens.

New Contributor

I'm having the same issue on firmware 1.2.0.  Living in a city it's hard for me to chase down the 10s of visible networks around me to see who's on an Eero or what not. As fast Wi-Fi was a feature upgrade for the R5 its pretty dissapointing. Man Sad

Occasional Contributor

Please report it to Canon tech support. If we can get more people complaining about it perhaps they could address it.
New Contributor

I have a 77d and it started doing this a year into having the camera, I tried everything to fix it without ripping the camera apart, complete reset was a no go. I have erro but it started happening before that if I remember right.
Occasional Contributor

ATTENTION ALL:

IT IS A PROBLEM WITH THE EERO WIFI!

I disconnected my EERO accees point and it worked.  Plugged it back in and it doesent work.

Go figure.  Canon, Can you get an EERO mesh network up and running in your labs and see how to fix it?