Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor

Re: EOS R5 Connectivity Issue

1.4 is released for the R6?
New Contributor

New Contributor

since i changed to the canon battery i have had no problems connecting to my tablet, it  also worked,by mistake !!  for a short while on a non canon battery and then closed down!!. i put a canon battery in and instant connection!!!,,,,something fishy for sure.

New Contributor

Battery has NOTHING to do with the wi-fi and blue tooth connectivity.  I have had the camera for several month and Wi-Fi and Bluetooth never worked at my location.  They did work at the factory when I sent it in.  It has to do with MESH networks in that the connectivity in the camera in NOT ROBUST and can not deal with multiple networks with the same name.

Canon does not have the talent on board to understand and thus address the issue.  From what I have seen on this thread, it is clear to me that wi-fi and blue tooth connectivity will only work if you are in a REMOTE location or one that has NO MESH networks that are within range of the camera.

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm not sure if it is specifc to "mesh" networks but more specifically EERO mesh networks.  Coud also be EERO in general without having them configured in a mesh system.  I switched to Cisco Meraki AP which are in a mesh configuration and it works fine.  The bigger problems is if your neighbors are using EERO then you're probably SOOL.

New Contributor

It could well be that there are multiple issues and that using the "H" battery does solve some of the problems. I have not had any connectivity issues connecting to my phone, Verizon hotspot, or iPad when using the LPE6NH battery. I have had problems with the camera stuck in "searching" mode and not connecting when using the older LPE6N batteries. 

It sounds like the mesh network problem could be a bug on top of the general connectivity issue that is experienced when using the older batteries. Does it make sense that the older batteries could cause the problem? It shouldn't. but unfortunately it does seem to have some effect on the ability to connect to a variety of devices/networks. 

I don't have a mesh network, so I have not experienced that specific issue, but me not experiencing that problem personally does not mean that it doesn't exist.

At the same time the fact that the "H" battery seems to solve the connectivity issues for a number of people that are not connecting to mesh networks means that it does seem to solve some problems. It might not solve yours, but it could be a solution to things other users are experiencing. 

Since this is a community, we all come from different backgrounds, different levels of technical expertise, and have different needs from our camera equipment, it's reasonable to post a solution that dramatically solved my problem to share with other users who are having a similar experience without having the expectation that it will universally solve all of everyone’s problems.

If it doesn't help you, you have my sympathies… I know how frustrating it is to have something not work the way it is advertised to work. But the fact that it didn’t help you doesn’t mean “Battery has NOTHING to do with the wi-fi and blue tooth connectivity.  “