cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS-R: serious problems trying to transfer images to computer

LWootton71
Apprentice

I have been having problems transferring pictures from my SD card to my computer.  I recently got an EOS-R and initially my PC was able to read the card.  Then my built-in card reader.  My old external card reader didn't work either.  So I got a new external card reader.  That also didn't work.  So then, I attempted to upload them over Wi-Fi and, although it said the images were being transferred to my computer, and took forever to do so, the images were not there when I looked for them.  So now I'm waiting for a USB cord to arrive, since mine EOS-R didn't come with one that works with my computer.  I have my fingers crossed that this will work for uploading directly from my camera to my computer.  In the meantime, any ideas as to why none of these methods have worked so far?

2 REPLIES 2

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Hello LWoolton71,

All of the problems you described point in one direction: your PC itself.  The built-in card reader has stopped working.  Your external USB card reader has stopped working.  And, you report that you cannot connect to the camera via USB.

If you have multiple ports on your computer, I suggest that you try them all.  Of course, make sure that you do indeed have a USB data cable, and not a USB power/charging cable.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thanks.  Will try all the ports and get the right cable.  I appreciate your suggestions.

Announcements