Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

EOS R Touch Screen & Interface Glitchy

Hello everyone, first time posting here!

I've had my Canon EOS R for over 2 years now and have had no issues until now. Lately the touch screen and the whole interface has been super glitchy. I use the Touch and Drag feature a bunch, and also sometimes just use the touch to focus on the screen when I'm not using the EVF. As of now both do not work properly. The Touch and Drag will sporadically move the focus point all over the EVF (if it moves at all), and the touch to focus doesn't even work. Sometimes when I go into the menu the camera will randomly be trying to navigate on its own without my input (sometimes the touch screen doesn't even work in the menu). The same goes on the photo settings interface, either sporatic or can not touch screen the windows. Both camera and lenses (24-105 F4 and 35mm F1.8 Macro) are on the latest firmware.

I have not yet restored the camera settings (as far as I'm aware, it only resets settings, not firmware). Is there a way to reset the firmware to factory settings?

Thanks in advanced for any help that can be given.

VIP

Re: EOS R Touch Screen & Interface Glitchy

Do you think the display could be dirty with fingerprints?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."
New Contributor

Re: EOS R Touch Screen & Interface Glitchy

Yeah. I actually had a tempered glass screen protector on it, but I took it off and cleaned but still having the issues