cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R Protect Image

johneos1
Apprentice
Curious if anyone else has seen this issue. On my R, I will be deleting images and come to an image that pops up the Protected message. Now here is the problem, I am not protecting any photos, so first I thought that perhaps i was pushing or brushing up against a button. No and I am not going in and setting images to be protected. I can go in and unprotect the photos and delete them with no problem.

I just got off the phone with Support, and they have no record of this being an issue on the R. Leave it to me to find a very odd problem.

Let me know what you think.

ps, the camera went in for service back in March for a defective, circuit board and was repaired under warranty.

Thanks, 
John
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@johneos1 wrote:

Hi Tim, if there is no other way to fix this problem I will ship the camera in for repair. I have the Canon EOS R since 12/2018, and this will be the second time the camera has been sent in for repairs. Not a good start for a new camera, what is the determining factor for replacing R?

Appricate your help in this matter. 🙂

Thank you,

John Mickler

Exactly what memory card are you using?  Brand, Model, Capacity?  UHS-I or UHS-II?  Full size SD or micro-SD?
--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Tim
Authority

Hello johneos1, 

I understand that this has become a problem with your EOS R and for that we apologize.  This is a strange issue to have occur and I know you'd like to resolve this as quickly as possible.  We recommend setting up a service ticket on the Canon web site to get started with the service process.  

You may fill out an online repair request form at the following link to setup your repair using our online service.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/service-repair

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Tim, if there is no other way to fix this problem I will ship the camera in for repair. I have the Canon EOS R since 12/2018, and this will be the second time the camera has been sent in for repairs. Not a good start for a new camera, what is the determining factor for replacing R?

Thank you,

John Mickler

@johneos1 wrote:

Thank you,

John Mickler

Exactly what memory card are you using?  Brand, Model, Capacity?  UHS-I or UHS-II?  Full size SD or micro-SD?
--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

johneos1
Apprentice
I'm using a Lexar Professional 2000x SDXC II v90 64GB card. I open a support case and shipped the camera this afternoon.

EliteStudios
Apprentice

I found the protected images issue a result of the Multifunction Bar.  Double tapping the bar can randomly protect image if set to protect.  Just go into the Customize M-Fn menu and turn some or all the features off.

Announcements