Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: EOS R Keeps Freezing!!

I am having the problem with firmware 1.7. I am trying to isolate conditions when it happens. I do have a Sandisk extreme Ultra card 128. I do not  believe it is a buffer issue. Yesterday it happened after one or two shots after pulling it from my camera bag.  I didn't have to pull the battery. Simply turning it off/on did the trick but it happened again later on in the shoot. I did recently switch to the 128 card for it's faster speed but I might switch back to the Fuji card I was using and see if happens again. When it happens it is verry frustrating!

Highlighted
VIP

@Racer-X wrote:

I am having the problem with firmware 1.7. I am trying to isolate conditions when it happens. I do have a Sandisk extreme Ultra card 128. I do not  believe it is a buffer issue. Yesterday it happened after one or two shots after pulling it from my camera bag.  I didn't have to pull the battery. Simply turning it off/on did the trick but it happened again later on in the shoot. I did recently switch to the 128 card for it's faster speed but I might switch back to the Fuji card I was using and see if happens again. When it happens it is verry frustrating!

From whar you say, it almost certainly sounds like an issue with the SD card.  Did you format it prior to first use?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."
Highlighted
New Contributor

Yes, I try and do a format in the camera before each shoot. Thanks
Highlighted
VIP

[ Edited ]

@Racer-X wrote:
Yes, I try and do a format in the camera before each shoot. Thanks

"I do have a Sandisk extreme Ultra card 128."

I am not aware of a Sandisk memory card with that name.  Extreme Pro, Yes.  Extreme Ultra, negative.

A5110FFC-8E31-4F67-B5AA-9FCEECED638D.jpeg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."