cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R ISO L Values

GeneraStudios
Contributor

Hey everyone,

I googled the heck out of this and couldn't find an answer! On my Canon EOS R the lower ISO values show up as ISO L for ISO 100-320. 

Everything I saw online pointed to older cameras and ISO L50, but thats not what i'm seeing on the EOS R. 

So for the EOS R, what exactly are the ISO L values? Why are they called L for 100-320 ISO, and what are the advantages and disadvantages of using them? I've seen comparisons online about ISO values and it seems that lower is not always less noisey.

Just to give you some perspective on what I shoot - 90% of my camera usage is for video that ends up on YouTube or social media. Its shot indoors with fully controlled lighting, so I can pretty much use light to get to whatever ISO I need to achieve the cleanest image.

Thanks!

--

Andrew Southworth

Genera studios

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@GeneraStudios wrote:

Not sure what you're referring to. 

I think you should refer to the instruction manual, instead of the internet.

40588ADD-2612-4C51-B3F4-F4B040211C2C.jpeg

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

GeneraStudios
Contributor
Can't find anything about this in the manual, thats why I'm here.

@GeneraStudios wrote:
Can't find anything about this in the manual, thats why I'm here.

What manual are you looking at?  The "Advanced User Guide" is available from the same product support page where you should have downloaded your camera's software.  I am not aware of any other manuals.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/cameras/eos-dslr-and-mirrorless-ca... 

Ths screenshot that I posted is from page 242.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements