cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R Firmware Update with EF Lense

adamlammers8
Apprentice

Hey Everyone, 

Updated my EOS-R to Firmware  to 1.8 and the camera has started to throw the Err-01 code "Communication between the devices is fualty. Check camera, lens or mount adapter contacts."

I've tried cleaning the contacts on the lense, adapter and camera but it still throws the code. Seems do it only when aperature is set to 2.8. I'm using the EF 24-70 2.8 L II USM. 

Wondering if any one else is experiencing this issue? Not sure if it was ironic timing or if it has something to with the firmware update on the camera. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

3 REPLIES 3

MikeSowsun
Authority
Authority

I doubt it is the firmware. 

Do you own any other lenses or cameras so you can do some troubleshooting to eliminate one of your three possible defective items? (camera, adapter, lens)

Mike Sowsun

adamlammers8
Apprentice
I did try this morning with an EF 24-105 f4 l series and it seemed to work fine. Probably answering my own question here but does that sound like the contacts on my 24-70 are somehow not communicating properly?

Zoom lenses have an internal ribbon cable that is used to transmit information to the camera at different focal lengths and apertures. This can often be the cause of that type of error.  

Your lens probably needs servicing. 

_001.jpg

Mike Sowsun
Announcements