cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R Err 110 or Err 111 ?

Louden99
Apprentice

Help! Bought a used EOS R. Worked well until I put about 30 stills on a Lexar SD 256 mb / 10.0mb/sec card, now every time the shutter releases the camera freezes, card read/write indicator flashes randomly and I get either "Err 110" or "Err 111" and have to turn it off and back on to reset, but it does it again. And no image is capped.

6 REPLIES 6

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Perform a full camera reset and test with another brand card.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@Louden99 wrote:

Help! Bought a used EOS R. Worked well until I put about 30 stills on a Lexar SD 256 mb / 10.0mb/sec card, now every time the shutter releases the camera freezes, card read/write indicator flashes randomly and I get either "Err 110" or "Err 111" and have to turn it off and back on to reset, but it does it again. And no image is capped.

Say again?  What size memory card you using?  If your card is only 256MB and operates at only 10MB/sec, then that is the problem right there.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

My bad. SHould be GB not MB

@Louden99 wrote:

My bad. SHould be GB not MB

Say again?  What size memory card you using?  

A 256GB memroy card with a write speed of 10 GB/sec does not exist, and 10 MB/sec is far too slow.

Which Lexar model SD card are you using?  Is it a full size SD card?

Have a different one coming to test it out. But this is the one I was using. Brand new.

IMG_2942.jpg

@Louden99 wrote:

Have a different one coming to test it out. But this is the one I was using. Brand new.

IMG_2942.jpg

Okay.  I like to use Sandisk Extreme Pro 64GB cards, myself.  They cost less, less $20 most of the time.  Failures don't cost an arm and a leg.

Announcements