Canon Community Canon Community

Frequent Contributor

Re: EOS R AF not focusing consistently

I just happened to be reading this thread and Waddizzle's comment about using a remote with BBF enabled--it was an "aha moment" for me. I hardly ever use my remote but wasn't successful with it when I tried the other day and couldn't figure out why. Now I know--thank you!

Occasional Contributor

Yes, that is certainly the case depending on the setting to fire w/o focus being achieved.  But that still would suggest, again, that the problem is with the RC-6 trigger and the difference in timing with just pressing the shutter button. And so also suggest a problem with the R-series cameras, since this has not been a problem with any pre-R series Canon camera I've ever used.

Occasional Contributor

Your welcome... I guess...I don't think I've helped except to point out the issue. Pleasekeep experimenting yourself and drop some of your findings here. As "Waddizzle" suggested, it is time to get Canon involved, and the more complaints and documentation we have, the better change of them taking notice and fixing it.