Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

EOS M6 won’t connect to phone or pad

My EOS M6 won’t connect to my iPhone or iPad anymore as it previously did. I tried:

- Resetting the camera
- Reinstalling the app on both iPhone and iPad

When I connect, I get to the step where it recognises the camera and I get to select what images the app is going to see. When I select an option there it says that the connection failed in the app immediately, whereas the camera keeps spinning for a while until it displays that the connection failed.

I suspect this has something to do with the image count - I have a large SD card, and the image count has recently gone above 10’000

I can’t back up via cloud since I’m shooting RAW which isn’t supported by any cloud option Canon provides, and I won’t have access to a PC for a while since I’m travelling. The connection to either the phone or pad is my only option for storing photos in the meantime. Please help.
New Contributor

Re: EOS M6 won’t connect to phone or pad

I need ID nomber
New Contributor

I need to connect wifi with my camera

New Contributor

Which ID number are we talking about?
New Contributor

Only thing I can add here, is that I personally don't like the WiFi, Wireless or Bluetooth options and use wire cable transference only. When one used these wireless type connection, you're having to deal with a veitiy of inferences from outside sorces.In this case, if you claim that it could be the image count, try another formatted SD card and save the semi-full card for later. But I would seriously reconsider how one connects their devices wirelessly.

That "Stupid Idiot Artist/Photographer" #EndCyberBullyingNow