cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS M6 won’t connect to phone or pad

beatrichartz
Apprentice
My EOS M6 won’t connect to my iPhone or iPad anymore as it previously did. I tried:

- Resetting the camera
- Reinstalling the app on both iPhone and iPad

When I connect, I get to the step where it recognises the camera and I get to select what images the app is going to see. When I select an option there it says that the connection failed in the app immediately, whereas the camera keeps spinning for a while until it displays that the connection failed.

I suspect this has something to do with the image count - I have a large SD card, and the image count has recently gone above 10’000

I can’t back up via cloud since I’m shooting RAW which isn’t supported by any cloud option Canon provides, and I won’t have access to a PC for a while since I’m travelling. The connection to either the phone or pad is my only option for storing photos in the meantime. Please help.
4 REPLIES 4

Albasheir
Apprentice
I need ID nomber

Albasheir
Apprentice
I need to connect wifi with my camera

beatrichartz
Apprentice
Which ID number are we talking about?

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I don't have your camera, but I do have Canon cameras.

None of my cameras will go over 9999 image number, then they create a new folder and start over, so i would have folder 100, 101, 102 etc.

Are you selecting the correct folder when you go to download via wifi?

Rather than wifi my suggestion would be to get an Apple SD-Lightning card reader or a UBB3-Lightning adapter that you could plug your camera into. Either one of these should be quicker and more reliable than wifi.

2018-12-16 (1).png

2018-12-16 (2).png

2018-12-16.png

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements