cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS M50 to Mac problems

Roscomcc
Contributor

Hello, hopefully someone here can help me.

I updated my Macbook to catalina 10.15.4(new as of yesterday) from the older Mojave

it seems like the laptop now doesn't recognise the camera either connected with a cable to livestream with or 

through wireless file transfer. Does this seem like a software problem I will have to wait for a fix for?

thanks!

12 REPLIES 12

@fordh wrote:
My husband is having the same problem. He is using the M50 with his iMac via microUSB to USB adapter and wants it to show in Camera Live app. He has turned off the Auto Shut Off as well. Did you find a solution?

I just looked up Camera Live in the App Store.  It appears designed to work with actual IP Network cameras that support H.264 video streams, something which the M50 is probably not able to do.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

rsmatias
Apprentice

Hi,

I have the same problem:

- MAC OS Catalina 

- Canon EOS M50 with firmware v1.1.0

- Canon Webcam Utility v1.0 released recently

Using Canon Utility 3 I can transfer photos, control camera etc, but with Webcam Utility I always get the message "EOS Webcam Utility" in black screen and the USB symbol with a RED X stating that the camera was not found. Strange behaviour.

Also CANON strangly doesn't mention if QUICKTIME is able to capture the image or if it will. QUICKTIME is the main video capture app on MACOS. Leaving it behing is at least, strange.

Canon doesn't have any detailed information on this error. Can't find posts on foruns with any decent answer to this problem so far.

Regards,

RSM

@rsmatias wrote:

Hi,

I have the same problem:

- MAC OS Catalina 

- Canon EOS M50 with firmware v1.1.0

- Canon Webcam Utility v1.0 released recently

Using Canon Utility 3 I can transfer photos, control camera etc, but with Webcam Utility I always get the message "EOS Webcam Utility" in black screen and the USB symbol with a RED X stating that the camera was not found. Strange behaviour.

Also CANON strangly doesn't mention if QUICKTIME is able to capture the image or if it will. QUICKTIME is the main video capture app on MACOS. Leaving it behing is at least, strange.

Canon doesn't have any detailed information on this error. Can't find posts on foruns with any decent answer to this problem so far.

Regards,

RSM

When you use the EOS Utility 3.1, do you use a USB cable?  Do you use a USB cable with the Webcam Utility, too?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements