cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS M50 to Mac problems

Roscomcc
Contributor

Hello, hopefully someone here can help me.

I updated my Macbook to catalina 10.15.4(new as of yesterday) from the older Mojave

it seems like the laptop now doesn't recognise the camera either connected with a cable to livestream with or 

through wireless file transfer. Does this seem like a software problem I will have to wait for a fix for?

thanks!

12 REPLIES 12

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

What software are you using?

You can use Image Capture to get the images and videos off the camera.

the idea is to have it run into my computer and also have a capture card...but things like streamlabs for mac(new beta) or camera live do not recognise there's even a camera attached to the computer

You will have to take it up with them. Do they require EOS Utility to be installed, that definitely does not work with Catalina yet. It appears that Apple changed something between the last Beta and the release that messed things up.

i'm not entirely sure I wont lie, Im just trying to figure out why the camera wont recognise when attached to my macbook through many different programs

I was just saying that some of those other developers may have more info, Many apps do have issues with Catalina - even besides the 32 bit/ 64 bit issue.

ok! I imagine its a software based thing as my camera still links up with the phone. Hopefully they'll get it sorted soon?

@kvbarkley wrote:

You will have to take it up with them. Do they require EOS Utility to be installed, that definitely does not work with Catalina yet. It appears that Apple changed something between the last Beta and the release that messed things up.

EOS Utility 3.12.1 is working with Catalina. (At least with my 1D X and Rebel T5i).

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Tim
Authority

Roscomcc, 

I understand and we recommend getting in touch with the manufacturer of the software with regard to updates. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

fordh
Apprentice
My husband is having the same problem. He is using the M50 with his iMac via microUSB to USB adapter and wants it to show in Camera Live app. He has turned off the Auto Shut Off as well. Did you find a solution?
Announcements