cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS M50 screen not working

TGossin
Apprentice

My M50 arrived in the mail December 2 and worked great right out of the box. I didn't do much with it besides look around in the settings. When I woke up the next morning, the touchscreen no longer showed anything. All I get is a black screen. I can still view stuff through the viewfinder, but obviously I need the screen to work aswell. I've tried googling and checking Youtube and Reddit for fixes, but nothing has worked. I also emailed Canon but did not get any confirmation emails that my message was received. I have no clue what I should do as this was the first camera I've ever purchased and it randomly broke within 24 hours and less than 15 minutes of use time.

4 REPLIES 4

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

If there is an "info" button, try pressing it a couple of times.

alexpilion
Enthusiast

That model switch automatically display off whenever the sensor beside the viewfinder window detect you placed your eye on it, be sure there is nothing in front of it and check if its surface is clean from fingerprints or other that could trick its working.

Yeah, I looked at all that stuff. I ended up taking it to a local camera shop and they weren't able to figure it out either. Came to the conclusion that it was most likely a loose wire so they're shipping it off to Canon for me. Thanks though!

I cleaned around the viewfinder and now the LCD comes up. Thanks. I didn't realize that there was a sensor.

Announcements