Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: EOS M50 clean HDMI output?

Use Sparkocam app. Barely noticeable image degradation, cleans up the image, and lets you remove the 25 min capture limit. 

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi, everyone. With all the questions, I made a video to help

:

Let me know if you still have questions.

Highlighted
New Contributor

My HDMI out into a blackmagic switcher shows either pillar boxed 4:3 image (black bars on sides) or 16:9 ratio but small... black band around entire image. Anyone know what I’m doing wrong?
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I am really disappointed they are selling this as a VLOGGING solution with no clean HDMI output.  That is crazy.

I really need this too.  It defats the entire reason I bought it.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I think Canon thinks of vlogging as recording video and downloading it to the computer, not live camera to internet.

Highlighted
VIP

[ Edited ]

@kvbarkley wrote:

I think Canon thinks of vlogging as recording video and downloading it to the computer, not live camera to internet.

So does Wikipedia.  Video (b)logging means recording, usually a selfie, not live broadcasting.across the internet.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Most VLOGGERS I am aware use multiple cameras and hdmi switchers.
Highlighted
VIP

@Hail_TX wrote:
Most VLOGGERS I am aware use multiple cameras and hdmi switchers.

That's not vlogging.  That;s called a video studio.  I suggest that you trade in your M50 for an M200, which is listed for clean HDMI.

D17AE498-BE22-486D-A6CD-64D7C6761D40.jpeg

Do not hold any expectations for a firmware update to be released to make your current camera do whatever it is you want.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."