cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS M50 clean HDMI output?

Snikkeren
Apprentice

Hi. 

New member here. I got my M50 some weeks ago. I'm trying to set it up for live streaming, but I need a clean HDMI output to do that. I've managed to get an almost clean output, but I still get the focus box around my face. Is there a way to turn that box off?

19 REPLIES 19

You can't get the audio through the HDMI, you'll need to connect your microphone to your computer and bring it into your streaming software as an audio source. Hope that helps. 

Dreampool
Apprentice
I’m using Blackmagic Webpresenter to live stream with my M50. How do I switch the camera to send the audio down the HDMI cable? I’m not getting any audio into the Webpresenter. I get vision fine.

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP
You can’t. HDMI sound is muted during recording to prevent feedback

Echeban
Apprentice

Use Sparkocam app. Barely noticeable image degradation, cleans up the image, and lets you remove the 25 min capture limit. 

TechGearTalk
Apprentice

Hi, everyone. With all the questions, I made a video to help

:

Let me know if you still have questions.

Jmac
Apprentice
My HDMI out into a blackmagic switcher shows either pillar boxed 4:3 image (black bars on sides) or 16:9 ratio but small... black band around entire image. Anyone know what I’m doing wrong?

Hail_TX
Contributor
Most VLOGGERS I am aware use multiple cameras and hdmi switchers.

@Hail_TX wrote:
Most VLOGGERS I am aware use multiple cameras and hdmi switchers.

That's not vlogging.  That;s called a video studio.  I suggest that you trade in your M50 for an M200, which is listed for clean HDMI.

D17AE498-BE22-486D-A6CD-64D7C6761D40.jpeg

Do not hold any expectations for a firmware update to be released to make your current camera do whatever it is you want.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

PisUshax
Apprentice

people have been screaming for years and asking for a clean HDMI on m50 (not mark 2) which is an easy fix via a firmware update for canon. even some of their older cameras with the same chip(digic 😎  like 90d have this feature. But they do Nothing so it doesn't interfere with their higher-tier camera lineup.
it is not cheap to buy a new camera for most people 
I can't and won't accept this kind of behavior from a company and will not recommend their product to anybody at any time and stop buying from them.

@PisUshax wrote:

people have been screaming for years and asking for a clean HDMI on m50 (not mark 2) which is an easy fix via a firmware update for canon. even some of their older cameras with the same chip(digic 😎  like 90d have this feature. But they do Nothing so it doesn't interfere with their higher-tier camera lineup.
it is not cheap to buy a new camera for most people 
I can't and won't accept this kind of behavior from a company and will not recommend their product to anybody at any time and stop buying from them.

Negative.  People make this argument all the time.  Adding “Clean HDMI” to the M50 would be more than a firmware upgrade.  It is a hardware upgrade.  

When you plug an HDMI cable into the M50, it blanks its rear screen and reroutes the video signal to the HDMI port.  This is because the M50 has one set of video output electronics.

When you plug an HDMI cable into a camera with “Clean HDMI” output, it does NOT blank its rear screen.  The rear screen remains active to allow for changes to camera settings.  These camera bodies have two sets of video electronics.  One set drives the rear screen, while the second set drives the HDMI output port.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements