cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS M50 clean HDMI output?

Snikkeren
Apprentice

Hi. 

New member here. I got my M50 some weeks ago. I'm trying to set it up for live streaming, but I need a clean HDMI output to do that. I've managed to get an almost clean output, but I still get the focus box around my face. Is there a way to turn that box off?

19 REPLIES 19

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Negative.  First and foremost the M50 is a stills camera, not a camcorder or video camera.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Well, I actually just figured it out. All I have to do is set it to manual focus, and the focus box dissapears. As long as I'm sitting in about the same spot while live-streaming, I should be fine. If don't use too large aperture, I can stay in focus for normal movement while sitting in my "studio". I'm thinking about f4 to f5. 🙂

The HDMI output is probably a duplicate of what you would see on the LCD.  In fact, I would bet that the camera reroutes the video signal to the LCD to the HDMI port whenever it detects something is plugged into it.

Yes, the LCD shuts off when you connect the HDMI cable. 

I am really disappointed they are selling this as a VLOGGING solution with no clean HDMI output.  That is crazy.

I really need this too.  It defats the entire reason I bought it.

I think Canon thinks of vlogging as recording video and downloading it to the computer, not live camera to internet.

@kvbarkley wrote:

I think Canon thinks of vlogging as recording video and downloading it to the computer, not live camera to internet.

So does Wikipedia.  Video (b)logging means recording, usually a selfie, not live broadcasting.across the internet.

pauldumbravanu
Contributor

Hi,

I have the same problem. I try to stream but no sound. Streaming is made between camera - Avio 4k hdmi video capture device and youtube. No sound at all. Any clue?

Same issue. Hpw do you get sound out through hdmi?
Announcements