cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS M50 as external computer camera lag time

Amandap
Apprentice

HI Guys, I just purchased an EOS M50 to be used as an external camera for my mac.  I set it up amd it looks great! The problem is the sound in out of sync with the video. If I clap my hands first you hear the sound and a few moments later you see my hands come together.  Does anyone have any expirience in how to fix this? I am using an HDMI cable to attatch the EOS m50 to the computer and the sound is being picked up by the computer microphone.

6 REPLIES 6

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

You're connected with an HDMI cable!  Okay.  Whatever the problem is, it is not a camera problem.  It's in the Mac.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Amandap
Apprentice
Thanks for responding! That’s what I was thinking but the Mac audio and video sync up without a problem when I use the built in camera and I tried it on my friends computer... still got a lag.

@Amandap wrote:
Thanks for responding! That’s what I was thinking but the Mac audio and video sync up without a problem when I use the built in camera and I tried it on my friends computer... still got a lag.

You do not have a camera problem.  You have a computer problem.  Do not make the false assumption that an external video signal should be in sync with an internal audio signal.

How is the camera connection being made via HDMI anyway?  [Macs do not normally have an HDMI input.]  That connection would be my prime suspect.  Personally, I think the best cure is to mix audio and video exteranally.  Have a nice day.  Good luck!

Amandap
Apprentice
Using a Dongle.

@Amandap wrote:
Using a Dongle.

Well, there you have it.  If you want perfect synchronization, then you need a better capture device.  You need something can capture BOTH video and the audio.  Do a search for "Blackmagic ATEM"

did you figure this out? I've got a mic and the M50 going into an ATEM Mini - and am STILL having the lag issue. I used to go in through a HDMI mini into a dongle and figured that was the mic sync issue so got the blackmagic  design and it's the same issue. It's as if the m50 is in slow motion. please don't blame the MAC issue - I can easily stream with any other camera and not have ANY sync issues. But I bought this m50 and I like the quality of image.

Announcements