Canon Community Canon Community
 


Reply
Highlighted
VIP
Posts: 12,731
Registered: ‎12-07-2012

Re: EOS-M5 & L Series lenses, plus more.....

Of the ones I have tried I think that is 'normal' for them.

EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and several lenses!
Highlighted
Reputable Contributor
Posts: 908
Registered: ‎11-14-2012

Re: EOS-M5 & L Series lenses, plus more.....

I suppose it is "normal" for M5.

 

Anyway, I did a photo job today together with my M5. My Odin flash trigger worked well with the camera. Face tracking with my 50/1,4 worked very well. I only needed to compose and wait for the autofocus to find a face.

DCS 3c, DCS 520, D30, D60, 1Ds, 300D, 30D, 1000D IR, 7D, 6D, 6D, M5
15-45/3.5-6.3 IS, 16-35/4 IS, 22/2, 24/1.4 II, 24-105/4 IS, 50/1.4, 85/1.8, 100/2.8, 70-200/2.8 IS II, 300/2.8 IS
Highlighted
VIP
Posts: 12,731
Registered: ‎12-07-2012

Re: EOS-M5 & L Series lenses, plus more.....

Cool!  Smiley Happy

EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and several lenses!
Highlighted
New Contributor
Posts: 3
Registered: ‎01-18-2018

Re: EOS-M5 & L Series lenses, plus more.....

If you are looking for an M5 to be your workhorse, you might want to have a very limited and small amount of work coming up. Look, the term 'workhorse' has been thrown around a bit in this thread and I have no idea why some would espouse an entry level body would be specified for such use. I use an M5 along side the 5 series bodies for a compact travel camera. 90% of it's use is with native glass and once in a blue moon I put some L lenses on, primarily the 100L macro because I'm using the 5-10x magnification on a tripod with peaking. The M5 has exceeded my expectations, especially after trying out the Oly Pen F system for a year for travel and being very disappointed in the noise levels above 3200 and the convoluted menu systems. You have to be realistic about the capabilities and limitations for anything. It's a fine camera, not a do it all and certainly not something for specialty uses but very good all around.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 5,488
Registered: ‎06-25-2014

Re: EOS-M5 & L Series lenses, plus more.....


@slclick wrote:
If you are looking for an M5 to be your workhorse, you might want to have a very limited and small amount of work coming up. Look, the term 'workhorse' has been thrown around a bit in this thread and I have no idea why some would espouse an entry level body would be specified for such use. I use an M5 along side the 5 series bodies for a compact travel camera. 90% of it's use is with native glass and once in a blue moon I put some L lenses on, primarily the 100L macro because I'm using the 5-10x magnification on a tripod with peaking. The M5 has exceeded my expectations, especially after trying out the Oly Pen F system for a year for travel and being very disappointed in the noise levels above 3200 and the convoluted menu systems. You have to be realistic about the capabilities and limitations for anything. It's a fine camera, not a do it all and certainly not something for specialty uses but very good all around.

This was already a pretty confusing thread a year ago. If your point in resurrecting it is to throw more light on the utility of the M-5, good luck with that.

 

If, OTOH, it's just your way of introducing yourself by demonstrating how much you know about cameras, we'll "take it under advisement", as the saying goes. (Hint: Your second sentence needs some work.)

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Highlighted
New Contributor
Posts: 3
Registered: ‎01-18-2018

Re: EOS-M5 & L Series lenses, plus more.....

So my original reply to you got deleted. I guess you have a lot of pull here, yet that's no replacement for a lack of tact.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 5,488
Registered: ‎06-25-2014

Re: EOS-M5 & L Series lenses, plus more.....


@slclick wrote:

So my original reply to you got deleted. I guess you have a lot of pull here, yet that's no replacement for a lack of tact.


No, I don't have any pull here, and I don't care what you say about me. I had nothing to do with deleting your reply, which I never even saw. In any case, I had no desire to offend you. I was just answering in what I took to be the spirit of your original post.

 

BTW, since you brought it up: You may want to get your "L" lenses out, because there is a blue moon next week - with a total lunar eclipse!

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Highlighted
Moderator
Posts: 1,660
Registered: ‎10-25-2012

Re: EOS-M5 & L Series lenses, plus more.....

For what it's worth, we remove replies that don't conform with the FORUM GUIDELINES.

 

slclick's post was a direct attack on another user, and that's a violation, and used profane language. Continued violations will result in a permenant ban from the forum.

Highlighted
VIP
Posts: 12,731
Registered: ‎12-07-2012

Re: EOS-M5 & L Series lenses, plus more.....

"No, I don't have any pull here,..."

 

I'm the one with all the 'pull' here.  Smiley Wink

EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and several lenses!
Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 5,488
Registered: ‎06-25-2014

Re: EOS-M5 & L Series lenses, plus more.....


ebiggs1 wrote:

"No, I don't have any pull here,..."

 

I'm the one with all the 'pull' here.  Smiley Wink


I'll bet it was you who arranged for the eclipse!  Smiley Happy

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
powered by Lithium

LIKE US on Facebook FOLLOW US on Twitter WATCH US on YouTube CONNECT WITH US on Linkedin WATCH US on Vimeo FOLLOW US on Instagram SHOP CANON at the Canon Online Store
© Canon U.S.A., Inc.   |    Terms of Use   |    Privacy Statement