cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS M - shooting in intervals?

Poldy
Contributor

I really like EOS M, but I also like to shoot timelapse videos.

I'm not very happy to use Magic Lantern..., so is there any possible way to use inervalometer with EOS M? With firmware update, EOS utility, etc...?

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6

Skirball
Authority

Does the EOS M have a phono jack (or the three pronged one) for shutter release?  If so any Intervalometer will work.

And I'll get up on my soap box for a bit:  It's complete BS that Canon doesn't put an intervalometer ON EVERY SINGLE DIGITAL CAMERA.  It's a trivial bit of programming.  There's no reason not to have one - other than having another accessory to sell.

Oh yeah, you can also do it through the Canon EOS utility that you use to shoot tethered.

Poldy
Contributor

Hm, there is no input for intervalometer as far as I can see. Also, old reviews on internet says that EOS utility has disabled almost all functions for EOS M. Is this problem solved with new firmware or utility software update?

I don’t have one, but found this interesting thread by the guy who developed DSLR Controller.  Looks like Canon intentionally crippled the software.  Thanks Canon.

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3337428

I saw this review, but is 9 months old. So I really hope there were some updates to the software?

Canon isn't known to add features with FW updates, usually they just fix things that are broken.  Fine line between a feature and something that doesn't work, I know, but in short...  I doubt it.  But if you don't have the FW update that came out a few months ago then I'd certainly upload it.

Announcements