cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS M - scroll wheel disabled?

SeanO
Apprentice

Hi,

My EOS M (firm: 2.02) just had the scroll wheel, and all buttons including the set button, stop working. I can still navigate with the touchscreen, but the wheel and buttons are unresponsive. I reset the settings, thinking somehow the wheel got locked, but still no fix.

Is this a physical/hardware issue, or can someone think of something I should try?

2 REPLIES 2

lindm0120
Apprentice

One of the main reasons I upgraded to this model was because I had the impression that you could transfer images to the phone when outdoors (via bluetooth?). I camp/hike a lot and the transfer of images only happens when I can connect to wifi. I know I can make my phone a hotspot but don't want to use all of my phone juice when hiking/camping. Is this correct? You have to be connected to wifi - correct? I can transfer with no problems when my phone is connected to wifi but really got this model to tranfer when out on the trails.

Tim
Authority

Hello Seano, 

We recommend sending your camera into the Canon Factory Service Center at your earliest convenience.  You may fill out an online repair request form at the following link to setup your repair using our online service.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/service-repair

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements