Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

EOS Canon 6D Mark ii one but not working

Hello all! I recently went on vacation with family and ended up in the desert, make sure that no dust particles or debris got into the camera body or lens while working. However I did notice during one of my sessions, that my camera started hanging. I would go to take another shot and the camera wouldn’t register my trigger- no shutter click.

The only way I figured out to fix this so far is to turn off the camera and remove the battery for a minutes. Then it will shoot for another 10 minutes or so and repeat.

This is flustering. Any suggestions or similar responses from their 6D mark ii?
Esteemed Contributor

Re: EOS Canon 6D Mark ii one but not working

[ Edited ]

Greetings,

What comes to mind:

One, reset the camera setting to defaults, and reconfigure from scratch.  Also suggest resetting any custom settings which is separate from a full reset.

Two, refortmat your memory card (in camera) and retest.  If you are not using a full size card, this is known to cause problems.  Do not use a micro SD with an adapter.

If this is happening with a certain lens, (one but not others) this too might be an issue. 

Your battery.  Is it in good health?  Canon brand and on the newer side? 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA
~6D2(v1.1.0) ~Many Lenses ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~Windows10 Pro ~EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 Ultra ~Pixma Pro-100 ~ImageClass MF644Cdw ~LBP622dw