cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 90D LCD working for Video but not Stills

Pking
Contributor

I have an EOS 90D. Whenever I have it set to video, the LCD works perfectly fine. But then when I switch it to still camera, the LCD goes - and stays - completely black... Or if I start with the whole camera off and try turning it on with the setting already in still, all I get is a blank LCD screen the entire time.

Does anyone know why this would be? Has anyone heard of this before?

5 REPLIES 5

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

For photos, are you using Live View? If not, you won't see the image on the LCD screen except for the brief display time after an image is taken.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Do you know how to activate Live View?  You must press the button in the center of the switch.  It's the same button used to start and stop video recording, [ON/OFF].

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Waddizzle, that's it! Thank you! I got the camera fairly recently, and I have only used it for video so far. I am just extremely ignorant about shooting stills. Thank you.

Now here's an even stupider question: Once the camera is in still mode, what button do you press to take a still photo?

eos90d-ug3-en.pdf (c-wss.com)

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Download the User Guide from the link that John provided.  This Jared Polin video goes over the EOS 90D camera for absolute beginners, which means he does not really dive into the advanced stuff.  He just waves his hand and moves on.

https://youtu.be/mhd6Hem1jDo 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements