cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 80D Photo Questions

Spigot15
Contributor

I am really new to this camera and still learning.  I am a little frustrated right now with it though.  While on vacation last week to Disney I took about 1000 pictures and some videos.  The first over 700 are captured on my memory card just fine.  It is the last 300+ that are not opening now for some reason.  I had no abnormal indications when I took the pictures.  They displayed as if the picture was taken on the screen and the card show that there is data as in Megabytes.  But I get a ? where the image should be.  I am not sure what to do.  I have researched and researched and can't seem to find any answers.  Any and all help is appreciated.  

Below is a screen capture of what I am seeing.Capture.tiff

15 REPLIES 15

I totaly forgot about trying this.  I appreciate the help.  Running the program now.  Hopefully I'll have good news shortly!  But I will make sure not to use this one again and buy some new lower GB data cards.  Thanks for the input.

Good luck.  Smiley Happy

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Escalante101
Enthusiast

This message does not concern an "issue" per se, rather a technical / operational inquiry.  I am planning on making my initial forays into astrophotography / light painting and have a couple of questions on the Bulb setting / Intervalometer.  I also invested in a Neewer digital timer / remote.  If I use the Bulb setting on the and use either the RC-6 or RS-60-E3 remote cable, and I set the Bulb timer, let's say for 25 seconds or so.  When I press the button on either of these devices, it will open the shutter.  My question is whether when the 25-second time expires, will the camera automatically close the shutter on its own - or - do I have to do that manually.  I did order a stopwatch, by the way, in the event the camera will not close the shutter automatically after the expiration of the 25-second time period.  Likewise, if I would use the built-in intervalometer and set it for only one photograph and a 25-second exposure length, would the camera shutter automatically close after the 25-second time period passes, or does that have to be done manually?  I would really like to be able to run into the picture and light certain areas with a flashlight for light painting purposes, and it would be very helpful to know whether the camera is going to automatically close the shutter on its own using the Bulb setting, or whether I would have to use my stopwatch and run back to the camera to press the button on the remote within my chosen exposure time length.  I hope this makes some kind of sense.  I was unable to make this determination through reading the Manual or online research.

@Escalante101 wrote:

This message does not concern an "issue" per se, rather a technical / operational inquiry.  I am planning on making my initial forays into astrophotography / light painting and have a couple of questions on the Bulb setting / Intervalometer.  I also invested in a Neewer digital timer / remote.  If I use the Bulb setting on the and use either the RC-6 or RS-60-E3 remote cable, and I set the Bulb timer, let's say for 25 seconds or so.  When I press the button on either of these devices, it will open the shutter.  My question is whether when the 25-second time expires, will the camera automatically close the shutter on its own - or - do I have to do that manually.  I did order a stopwatch, by the way, in the event the camera will not close the shutter automatically after the expiration of the 25-second time period.  Likewise, if I would use the built-in intervalometer and set it for only one photograph and a 25-second exposure length, would the camera shutter automatically close after the 25-second time period passes, or does that have to be done manually?  I would really like to be able to run into the picture and light certain areas with a flashlight for light painting purposes, and it would be very helpful to know whether the camera is going to automatically close the shutter on its own using the Bulb setting, or whether I would have to use my stopwatch and run back to the camera to press the button on the remote within my chosen exposure time length.  I hope this makes some kind of sense.  I was unable to make this determination through reading the Manual or online research.

You'll just confuse yourself and others by posting your inquiry in more than one thread, because an answer posted in one thread doesn't get automatically posted to the other(s). And most of us read all of them anyway.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

I was having difficulty determining how to make a new post without it falling under an existing category.  I read the "Help" section, but I still found it somewhat confusing that Canon does not include a "New Post" category.  I rarely post messages to community message boards in the first place, so that makes me a "sitting duck" for errors.

That is because it is called "new message", not "new post". 8^)

When in, for example, this "EOS" forum it is on the upper left.

Announcements