Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor

Re: EOS 80D Error 70

[ Edited ]

@Waddizzle

I'm sorry if you feel that way. I was just trying to help Alex with my findings about our common problem.

VIP

@AlexTischer wrote:
I do not agree. We both have the same issue.

I agree.  Both of you need to contact Canon Support.  

As for what could be wrong, you have different issues.  One camera fails with all lenses and make noises.  The other works with this lens, but not that one.  Different issues.

Contact Canon Support.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."
New Contributor

Hi I'm from the Philippines and I got the same issue.

But here's the behavior:

- By using OBS, it stops functioning in less then 2mins. If you would noticed, the camera blinks as if the USB cable is pulled out

Here's what I did:

- Same cable, I used some cheap USB hub 3.0 and it resolves the issue. If not, be sure to unistall the webcam utility and install the EOS utility. If you can control your camera using the app, it means your camera is still working properly. If not, the app will not function properly.

Let me know how it goes on you.

Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the tip!

Unfortunatelly I cannot test it anymore - I sold all of my Canon gear and switched over to Sony. Smiley Happy

New Contributor

were you able to get this resolved. i have been having the same issue.
New Contributor

were you able to get this resolved? i have been having the same issue.
Occasional Contributor

Unfortunately I haven't tried anymore, but I didn't solve, so I think it wouldn't work if I tried...
New Contributor

After posting my question last night I went back and deleted the webcam Utility and downgraded back to the beta version and that ended up solving the issue. For whatever reason the newer webcam utility software version doesn’t like all lenses including canon lenses. Unfortunately canon no longer provides the options to download the beta version so you will need to do your research to find it. I’m not sure if I can legally make it available to you but I know that it is out there still. If you find it you’re golden.
Occasional Contributor

Thank you! I'll try later on then!