cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 80D Error 70

AlexTischer
Contributor

Please, help! How to solve err70 on Canon 80d? It occurs only when the camera is set in video mode. The camera shuts down after about 2 minutes and shows that error. It happens with my Canon 17-55, my Canon 18-55 and my tamron 70-200 g2. No problems with my Tokina 11-16 instead... With 5dmk4 I have no problem at all with every lens.

29 REPLIES 29

beeni
Contributor

Hello Alex, did you solve your problem?

I've got the same problem since I updated the Firmware to 1.0.3 today.

I'm using a 24-70mm F4, which makes weird clicks when the error appears.

"...I updated the Firmware to 1.0.3 today."

A bad idea, no a very bad idea, and not the problem. Have either of you guys tried a new different SD card?  Are you guys seeing this while doing video?

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

BTW, to all that may read this, it is never a good idea to mess with, or try to update, or reinstall, your FW if you are having problems with, or you have a faulty camera. You can very easily "brick" the camera and then only Canon can fix it.

Only Canon!

EB

@beeni wrote:

Hello Alex, did you solve your problem?

I've got the same problem since I updated the Firmware to 1.0.3 today.

I'm using a 24-70mm F4, which makes weird clicks when the error appears.

I understand that the problem did not appear until AFTER you installed the firmware update.  I suggest that you contact Canon Support.  The firmware update was to correct security vulnerabilities.  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I thought I was in the Eos Webcam Utility section when I wrote this post. I have this problem only when using the camera as a webcam through the official software.

The problems started after the Update.

And only appear while in video mode with the EOS Webcam Utility.

I switched to picture mode after my last post - now my "webcam" is back online but without Autofocus. Smiley LOL

Well, yeah, you can use photo mode... But what's the point of using high quality sensor and lens to stream something out of focus? Smiley LOL  

@AlexTischer wrote:

Well, yeah, you can use photo mode... But what's the point of using high quality sensor and lens to stream something out of focus? Smiley LOL  

What are you talking about?  

The resolution of a Full HD video frame is equivlent to a 2MP still image.  The resolution of a 4K video frame is equivalent to a 4MP still image.  If you want video, that is all of the resolution you get.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

"I have this problem only when using the camera as a webcam through the official software."

OK, could be it is over heating. However, the FW done before or after is not the likely cause. Of course, I guess nothing is impossible but I would still think it is not the likely suspect.

EB
Announcements