cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 80D Error 70

AlexTischer
Contributor

Please, help! How to solve err70 on Canon 80d? It occurs only when the camera is set in video mode. The camera shuts down after about 2 minutes and shows that error. It happens with my Canon 17-55, my Canon 18-55 and my tamron 70-200 g2. No problems with my Tokina 11-16 instead... With 5dmk4 I have no problem at all with every lens.

29 REPLIES 29

I'll try to test the Webcam Utility on another system with a fresh install.

I'm pretty sure it's some kind of nonsense between the camera and the webcam utility.

I have the problem with 4 out of a 5 lenses kit. I have had it before and after 1.0.2->1.0.3 update. I have it connecting camera to usb 3.0 pc port as well as if I connect it to usb 2.0 pc port 

Unfortunately I have no other lenses here to try out.
But I also ruled out the USB-Port.

@beeni wrote:
Unfortunately I have no other lenses here to try out.
But I also ruled out the USB-Port.

You should start your own threa for your issue.  You are hijacking someone else's thread.  Thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I do not agree. We both have the same issue.

? I do not agree. We both have the same issue. ?

It is not overheating or sending it to Canon?  I did not understand your reply. The ultimate solution is sending it to Canon. Tell them of the issue exactly and ask for a C&C.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

I was referring to the reply you sent to beeni, who has the same issue I have, so I think he is in the right place when writing about it here.
Anyway, I will mail Canon.

Oh, OK, yeah I don't mind folks responding to threads that they didn't start but have the same issue. SOmetimes on very old threads its better to start over because more folks are likely to to see it.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@AlexTischer wrote:
I do not agree. We both have the same issue.

I agree.  Both of you need to contact Canon Support.  

As for what could be wrong, you have different issues.  One camera fails with all lenses and make noises.  The other works with this lens, but not that one.  Different issues.

Contact Canon Support.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@Waddizzle

I'm sorry if you feel that way. I was just trying to help Alex with my findings about our common problem.

Announcements