Canon Community Canon Community

Esteemed Contributor

Re: EOS 7D ii doesn't write to cards

Is the camera set to write RAW to one card & jpg to the other? You can't see what wasn't wrote to at least 1 of the cards. Pull both cards & try shooting without them. Then try viewing what you shot. 

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."
Occasional Contributor

Enlighten me, please...... if I take out both cards, where will the pix be recorded? That's really one of the things that confuse me the most - I can see my recent photos on the camera even when my cards are removed, and I know that the 7D doesn't have internal memory. Definitely an interesting issue........

Esteemed Contributor

You can see photos when BOTH cards are out of it? Can you scroll through them?

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

When you have both cards removed, you can still view the photo taken by your 7D2 after removing the cards.  But just the only one taken last. You are right, there is no internal memory.

This has nothing to do with writing images to the cards.

@beesong wrote:

I can see my recent photos on the camera even when my cards are removed

This is absolutely impossible.