cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 7D ii doesn't write to cards

beesong
Contributor

This just happened a couple of days ago; it was writing fine to cards up until then. Images show in playback mode but not on either the CF or SD card when in USB mode, either directly from camera or via card readers. Same thing with second computer. Have re-booted computer, reset camera, and everything else I can think of. I don't think the 7d has internal memory; why can I only see the pix that way? And how can I transfer them to my computers? (oh, and fresh battery, too)

13 REPLIES 13

Enlighten me, please...... if I take out both cards, where will the pix be recorded? That's really one of the things that confuse me the most - I can see my recent photos on the camera even when my cards are removed, and I know that the 7D doesn't have internal memory. Definitely an interesting issue........

You can see photos when BOTH cards are out of it? Can you scroll through them?

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

When you have both cards removed, you can still view the photo taken by your 7D2 after removing the cards.  But just the only one taken last. You are right, there is no internal memory.

This has nothing to do with writing images to the cards.

@beesong wrote:

I can see my recent photos on the camera even when my cards are removed

This is absolutely impossible.

William_N
Enthusiast

Hi beesong,

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

The behaviour you are describing is unusual. The EOS 7D Mark II does not have internal memory, so if you are able to view the images using the caemra's LCD then they are on the card(s) somewhere.

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using, and the method/steps you go through to transfer images.

This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. We do hope someone is able to assist! However, if this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help via Phone or Email HERE.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements