Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

EOS 7D Mark ll My cameras battery continues to drain, after switching off the camera.

Looking for help and, or suggestions.....

Respected Contributor

Re: EOS 7D Mark ll My cameras battery continues to drain, after switching off the camera.

@Tazman wrote:

Looking for help and, or suggestions.....

Make sure you turn the GPS off prior to shutting off the camera.

If the top LCD still shows LOC (or something like that) when the camera is 'OFF' the GPS is still on.

Occasional Contributor

Re: EOS 7D Mark ll My cameras battery continues to drain, after switching off the camera.

I do have the GPS disabled, and there LCD screen is blank. I have a battery grip ont the camera, and it is switched off also.

Honored Contributor

http://community.usa.canon.com/t5/EOS/Canon-7D-II-battery-drainage/td-p/128736

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X, Rebel T5i, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472, LRCC Classic
Occasional Contributor

Thanks, I tried the suggestion in this link, and I got the same result. I have the most resent firmware update, so this update obviously didn't fix this problem. I too have a 60D also but don't have this problem with it. Guess I'll just use fresh batteries after the camera has been not in use for awhile. Thanks again.

Respected Contributor

@Tazman wrote:

Thanks, I tried the suggestion in this link, and I got the same result. I have the most resent firmware update, so this update obviously didn't fix this problem. I too have a 60D also but don't have this problem with it. Guess I'll just use fresh batteries after the camera has been not in use for awhile. Thanks again.

Do you have as genuine Canon battery grip or a 3rd party grip?

Occasional Contributor

I have a 3rd party grip, Meike mdl MK-7DR ll. I removed the grip, and it is the same result either way.
Honored Contributor

http://www.uglyhedgehog.com/t-259538-1.html

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X, Rebel T5i, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472, LRCC Classic
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I'll check the link. Thanks