cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 77D

tomj63
Contributor
In the last year, I have had 4 photos appear as totally white with no details. The photos before and after are fine. Any ideas what might be causing this? Have a month before the warranty runs out.
10 REPLIES 10

@tomj63 wrote:
In the last year, I have had 4 photos appear as totally white with no details. The photos before and after are fine. Any ideas what might be causing this? Have a month before the warranty runs out.

From the rather sketchy information provided, a sticky shutter blade is probably the best guess. Call Canon and see if they have a better idea. If they don't, send it in before the warranty expires.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

tomj63
Contributor
It has happened with 3 different lenses and I have contacted Canon.

"...  and I have contacted Canon."

What did they say?  I think you need to be communicating with them, not this forum.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend
I cannot rule out a mechanical issue. But, I suspect a more likely causes is user error. Have you compared exposure settings between good and bad images?

A mechanical failures are usually gradual, or sudden and complete. A completely white image sounds like a complete, non-recoverable failure to me. Except, your camera works properly 99% of the time.

What metering mode are you using? Which AF point and AF mode are you using? Does the EXIF indicate an exposure lock?
--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I took 3 photos at the exact same settings....only one was white.

We have had others complain about this, but I do not recall any solution.

Is all the exif data the same?

tomj63
Contributor
Yes...all the same.

@tomj63 wrote:
Yes...all the same.

Can post sample photos with the EXIF, one good and one bad?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

tomj63
Contributor
I am communicating with Canon. Just thought I'd ask here in case some experienced something similar.
Announcements