cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 70D soft images

drrhein
Contributor

Hello Everybody.  My name is Dennis and I'm a newb, not to dslr's but to this model, so please have mercy on me.

First question: When using the image processing software, PF 4  should I be able to go to 100% and still have a sharp image?

Every image I take, with any lens, whether I focus manually or with AF, seems soft to me and I can't often make it sharper in post. I use raw.

MY Iphone 8+ does fine at 100% and is razor sharp.

Next: How in the world do you get good focus on water fountains? I can't get any kind of decent focus with MF or AF.

The attached examples are resized to make size limit but to get the size limit I'm afraid I lost resolution, so there's another question.

BTW, my 10D does same thing

Dennis

Blossom small.jpgBlosson red small.jpg

32 REPLIES 32

Well, thats what I have. So I have no idea where these came from.

Here's the proof of what camera I have. Taken with iphone 8+. I could have taken with EOS 10D but image wouldn't have been as clear  Smiley LOLProof pic.jpg

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend
The jpgs should be okay as is. I don’t want you to do any editing or at least little as possible. I want it as close as possible to how the camera is doing it. Remember we are eliminating the camera as the cause. If you do any input at all you defeat the test. The 70D and the 17-55 f2.8 lens is capable of super sharp photos.
EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements