Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Re: EOS 70D - computer doesn't recognize, and EOS Utiltiy doesn't work

"Thank You."  Today is the first time I tried downloading my photos to my computer (Windows 7). I followed your instructions to "disable" WiFi - it worked like a charm. I can't thank you enough.  I'm going out this week though and buy a Reade for any future problems.

New Contributor

Disabling the WiFi worked for me too .... thanks so much for ending hours of frustration Smiley Happy
New Contributor

Could anyone please explain how exactly to do that? When disable WIFI of course there will be no connection. I disabled it and WIFI Function menu disabled also.
My camera is 70d
Occasional Contributor

Wow a thread that started two years ago and still going. Something as simple as disabling wifi.
New Contributor

Thank you thank you thank you! I never would have guessed having the wifi on would cause this to happen. oddly enough, i haven't been able to connect the wifi to my phone or my home network either...so...what good is the wifi?

New Contributor

Had same problem disablig the WFI works as was able to connect no problem thanks for the advice

New Contributor

The action is simple, however what happens when that doesn't work?

New Contributor

Tried, tried, and tried again but this doesn't work for me.   My Wifi is not highlighted anymore in the menu also.  Anyone with a Plan B that may have worked??

New Contributor

Registered just to let you know I was having the same problems after a computer upgrade. Turned off Wi-Fi, updated EOS utility, took a .net update for Windows and nothing helped. 

Then I tried plugging into the rear USB ports instead of the ones on the front of the PC.

Solved. 

Give it a shot.