cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 70D - computer doesn't recognize, and EOS Utiltiy doesn't work

fedup
Apprentice

Tomorrow is the deadline to return this POC. I've spent way too much time on this issue and it seems there are many many people who have also done so. First problem is Autoplay does not pop up which means the device is not recognized. Yes, I've tried all the ports. Yes, Autoplay is set to always ask with a device. I tried my Powershot and Autoplay works and it opens EOS Utility. But EOS utility is greyed out. I've called Canon support went thru everything, even installed the patch for the Utility.  No luck. Uninstalled just the Utilty and re-installed - Nada. Saw a message on some forum about hidden cannon config files..will look later as my pc is now being used for homework. But thought i'd give one last gasp, to see if anyone has a silver bullet.

Have seen lots of posts about buying a card reader - Will Canon supply a card reader? Doubtful..not one more red cent from me...

btw Window 7 sp1, EOS solution disk 28.2 + patch.

28 REPLIES 28

Awesome! Yes disabling wifi worked for me!!! Thank YOU!

I had the same issue and after I turned off Wifi ( disabled ) it connected just fine thank you 

Kudos to you, I tried and it found it right away, just like you I disabled the wifi.....

"Thank You."  Today is the first time I tried downloading my photos to my computer (Windows 7). I followed your instructions to "disable" WiFi - it worked like a charm. I can't thank you enough.  I'm going out this week though and buy a Reade for any future problems.

Disabling the WiFi worked for me too .... thanks so much for ending hours of frustration 🙂

Thank you thank you thank you! I never would have guessed having the wifi on would cause this to happen. oddly enough, i haven't been able to connect the wifi to my phone or my home network either...so...what good is the wifi?

Had same problem disablig the WFI works as was able to connect no problem thanks for the advice

doplinger
Contributor
Try DISABLING wifi in your camera menu - that worked for me!

scerami
Apprentice

I was having the same problem.  Taking a hint from another post where changing the lens helped, i instead removed it, put the cover on and that was that.  it woks fine.

I bought an app called "DSLR Controller". Blows the canon app out of the water...7.99 on android apps....

Announcements