cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 70D Utility software for OSX 2020

Kimsellstedt
Contributor

There is no utility  software for the modern OSX. Is there some sort of workaround for this? Like a universal OSX Utility that works on most macs?

And when will the Utility software for the "new" OSX drop?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Kimsellstedt wrote:

When I search under EOS 70D there is no Utilities program there because of the OS being unsupported (Catalina). When I go into the more general support and download I can't see any sort of program more than image software and RAW support.

Have I missed something on the site or is ther regular Utility program with the live view simply not for Mac users?

its in the eos utitity choose a older osx and d/l and install.

you have to put the camera in live veuw first  i have a 70D but i use windows 10

a ftb n ti1 70d 5d mk3 lens, 50 1.8mk1 50mm 1.4 16-35 4.0isL 400mm 5.6L
etc. using canon slrs from 1975

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

What tasks do you need to perform?  If it's to transfer your images, does your Mac have an SD card slot? Or, connect your camera via its USB cable and use Apple's Image Capture software. Or if you have Adobe products, Lightroom is one application that can also import photos.

Technical details about software: There is no true universal software. Software companies need to ensure they move with the times. In the old days, software was written for 68K Macs. You could then create hybrid 68K/PowerPC applications. But that changed when Apple moved to Intel. Then you could create hybrid PowerPC/Intel software. Years later it became hybrid 32-bit/64-bit. And now, it's 64-bit only. In short, complex. And no doubt this will continue to evolve over the years to come.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

A card reader is your best option until until a updated EOS Utility is relesed for "Modern OSX".  Catalina currently. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Ok, but how do I get the software? I have a card reader for my mac but no software.

@Kimsellstedt wrote:

Ok, but how do I get the software? I have a card reader for my mac but no software.

its built in the os just like reading a thumb drive. you just have to take the extra step to direact the files to the correct folder.

also after you trasfer the files and want to reformat the card make shure you format the now backed up data card in camara not via mac your using

Ahh, I need the Utility software for the live view not to transfer photos. There I have no problems.

@Kimsellstedt wrote:

Ahh, I need the Utility software for the live view not to transfer photos. There I have no problems.

Your camera may not be supported under Catalina. Give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

When I search under EOS 70D there is no Utilities program there because of the OS being unsupported (Catalina). When I go into the more general support and download I can't see any sort of program more than image software and RAW support.

Have I missed something on the site or is ther regular Utility program with the live view simply not for Mac users?

@Kimsellstedt wrote:

its in the eos utitity choose a older osx and d/l and install.

you have to put the camera in live veuw first  i have a 70D but i use windows 10

Announcements