Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

EOS 7 d mark ii files not saving

Yesterday and today I noticed when shooting, at times files are not saving. Both times this happened I was continuous shooting probably holding the shutter for 3-5 seconds. Shutter seemed to function fine but when I went to review the images nothing was there.
VIP

Re: EOS 7 d mark ii files not saving

Do you have a memory card in the camera?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."
New Contributor

Yes, two of them
VIP

@Hunt4ducks wrote:
Yes, two of them

If you cannot review the images in the camera, then something is indeed not working as expected.

What make and model memory cards are you using?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."
VIP

Two things to try, start with a camera reset.  Menu, tools, clear all settings and all custom settings. Second try brand new quality SD and CF cards. Best to format in camera but a Windows computer can be used also.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and several lenses!