cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 6d won't power down

Johannes1979
Apprentice

Hi all,

My EOS 6d seems to have a problem. Now and then, when I turn off the camera with the power switch, the screen stays on (but frozen). Camera is then not responding to anything. When I remove the battery and insert it again, everything is fine again. 

Any thoughts on what the problem is? I already set it back to factory settings in the menu and updated the firmware.  

4 REPLIES 4

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Call Canon 1 (800) 652-2666 

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Do you see a Sensor Cleaning message or does it freeze immediately when powered off?

Are you certain of the quality of the battery?  Does it happen with other batteries?

Has the camera ever gotten wet, or been subjected to high humidity?

Have you done any firmware updates to the camera? 

Resetting was a good idea.

Two ways to go. 

Best way: Send to Canon for evaluation and repair

Optional steps:  

Try a fresh (new) battery (may or may not help) not likely to help though

If you are one or more FW versions behind, you can try to update it. (Poses some risk) 

In the end, Servce is usually the best option

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@Johannes1979 wrote:

Hi all,

My EOS 6d seems to have a problem. Now and then, when I turn off the camera with the power switch, the screen stays on (but frozen). Camera is then not responding to anything. When I remove the battery and insert it again, everything is fine again. 

Any thoughts on what the problem is? I already set it back to factory settings in the menu and updated the firmware.  

Try it body only.  Remove the memory card, and any lens, flash, etc.   Does the problem persist?  If so, contact Canon Support.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

hasanabs
Apprentice

is your problem solved or not? and did you find what tha issue? i have tha same problem screen frozen canon 6D

Announcements